By Kathryn Hellerstein
Read or Download A Question of Tradition: Women Poets in Yiddish, 1586-1987 (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture) PDF
Similar jewish literature books
An award-winning debut novel a few quirky immigrant’s trip via a multicultural, post-nationalist panorama Set in Frankfurt, All Russians Love Birch bushes follows a tender immigrant named Masha. Fluent in 5 languages and ready to get by way of in different others, Masha lives along with her boyfriend, Elias.
This selection of essays represents a brand new departure for, and a in all likelihood (re)defining second in, literary Jewish reviews. it's the first quantity to assemble 28 chapters protecting quite a lot of American, British, South African, Canadian and Australian Jewish fiction. the amount is split into three elements - American Jewish Fiction; British Jewish Fiction; and foreign and Transnational Anglophone Jewish Fiction - yet the various essays go over those barriers and phone one another implicitly, in addition to, occasionally, explicitly.
Six lives will probably be altered in the course of the background of the a while. Six souls shall step in to the edge of an appointed come across with their future that would endlessly switch the realm round them!
Id, kinfolk, and group unite 3 autobiographical texts by means of New global crypto-Jews, or descendants of Jews who have been compelled to transform to Christianity in 17th-century Iberia and Spanish the US. Ronnie Perelis offers the attention-grabbing tales of 3 males who have been stuck in the matrix of inquisitorial persecution, increasing international exchange, and the community of crypto-Jewish job.
- Homeless Tongues: Poetry and Languages of the Sephardic Diaspora
- The Conflagration of Community: Fiction before and after Auschwitz
- Textual Silence: Unreadability and the Holocaust
- Berthold Auerbach: Briefe an seinen Freund Jakob Auerbach: Neuedition der Ausgabe von 1884 mit Kommentaren und Indices (Conditio Judaica) (German Edition)
- A Best-Selling Hebrew Book of the Modern Era: The Book of the Covenant of Pinhas Hurwitz and Its Remarkable Legacy (Samuel and Althea Stroum Lectures in Jewish Studies)
- The Lives of La Escondida
Additional info for A Question of Tradition: Women Poets in Yiddish, 1586-1987 (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture)
A Question of Tradition: Women Poets in Yiddish, 1586-1987 (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture) by Kathryn Hellerstein